Amazon’s Brand Registry is an invaluable tool for brands looking to protect their intellectual property and streamline their presence on the e-commerce giant. As your brand grows and you potentially onboard new team members, partners, or agents, you may find the need to add users to your Brand Registry account. This guide will walk you through the process, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience.
What is the Amazon Brand Registry?
Before diving into the step-by-step guide, it's crucial to understand what the Amazon Brand Registry is and why it's essential. In essence, the registry is a program designed to protect brand owners and ensure that customers have an authentic shopping experience. Brands enrolled in the registry have enhanced tools for finding and reporting violations, better search and reporting capabilities, and more.
Prerequisites for Adding a User
Before adding a user, ensure that:
- You’re a registered brand owner or an agent with permission to manage the brand.
- The person you're adding has an Amazon account. They will need an email address associated with Amazon to be added.
Steps to Add a User to the Brand Registry
1. Log in to your Brand Registry account. Head to the Amazon Brand Registry homepage and sign in using your brand owner credentials.
2. Navigate to "settings" on the far right and select "User Permissions".
3. Click on "Invite a user to your brand".
4. A form will appear. Fill it out with the appropriate information email and name of the user you are inviting.
5. Assign roles. Amazon offers various roles, such as 'Administrator,' 'Rights Owner,' and 'Registered Agent.' Choose the most appropriate role for the new user based on their responsibilities.
6. Click "Send Invitation".
After submission, the user will receive an email invitation. They must accept this invitation to gain access to the Brand Registry.